Happy Thanksgiving to you with a card from the past featuring Stampin’ Up!’s Greeting Card Kids stamp set (item #120633) and the art of watercoloring.
I love the Stampin’ Up! Tweet Leaves stamp and have made another Autumn-themed card using the stamp. Living in Central Florida typically does not give one the Autumn feeling. I resort to making my Autumn-themed cards to create a dose of Autumn for me (LOL).
However, I must share that my neighbor put in a 15′ Red Maple tree last month and its leaves have turned and are falling. So now I can look out my craft room window and see various colors of leaves falling. However, the colors are dull and not like the vibrant colors from up North. I need to see more Autumn colors when I look out my window! 🙁
Now, don’t giggle, but I I used Tempting Turquoise on my Autumn card! Tempting Turquoise??? I know, who thinks of Tempting Turquoise when thinking of Autumn? It has to be the influence of living in an area that never gets the “It Is Fall” memorandum. Can any of you do something to get that memorandum sent to Florida each year?? (LOL)
No more nonsense – here’s the Tweet Leaves card (tempting turquoise and all):
Here is a closeup of the Tweet Leaves stamp image:
STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES USED (unless otherwise noted):
Stamp: Tweet Leaves (129111)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise (102067), Tangerine Tango (111349), Old Olive (100702), and Whisper White Card Stock (100730), and Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (126895)
Inks (Stampin’ Write Markers): Tempting Turquoise (119702), Tangerine Tango (119702), Old Olive (100079), Lucky Limeade (123002), Daffodil Delight (119677), Cajun Craze (119701), Gumball Green (126856), More Mustard (119701), and Raspberry Ripple (126856)
Accessories: Old Olive 1/2 Inch Scallop Dots Ribbon (124139), Crystal Effects (101055), 3/8″ Designer Printed Brads (122940 – Calypso Coral), Brights Collection Brads (119740 – Tempting Turquoise), a Distressed Sizzix Embossing Plate, Sizzix Bigz Autumn Accents, and the Big Shot
I think that just looking at the card one would be able to duplicate it. Therefore, I won’t provide step-by-step instructions.
Stamping With Guneaux Designs
Here are more Tweet Leaves projects:
The Floral Frames Framelits from Stampin’ Up! rank at the top of my favorite framelits. When it debuted the framelits in January 2012, Stampin’ Up! also developed rubber stamps that coordinated with the framelits. The Floral Frames Framelits have a coordinating stamp set; however, my card share today does not feature that stamp set. It features the Floral Frames Framelits.
I’ve heard a lot of stampers express their displeasure with one of Stampin’ Up!’s new “In Colors” called Summer Starfruit. I think it is a cool color and if you combine it with the right color(s), it looks great. I think this card looks great with the Summer Starfruit Card Stock and Primrose Petals Card Stock, which is also a new In Color.
Below are the Stampin’ Up! Supplies used for this card as well as the instructions.
Stampin Up Supplies:
Paper: Summer Starfruit Card Stock (126839), Primrose Petals Card Stock (126841), Gumball Green Card Stock (126840), and Whisper White Card Stock (1007300)
Stamp Set: Full of Blessings (128081)
Ink (Classic): Summer Starfruit (126991), Primrose Petals (126858), Gumball Green (126861), and Basic Black (126980)
Accessories: Betsy’s Blooms Stampin’ Around Standard Wheel (126943), Floral Frames Framelits (127012), Chevron Embossing Folder (127749), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Gumball Green 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (126848), and Primrose Petals 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (126844)
- Cut an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Primrose Petals Card Stock, score down the middle, and fold to create your card base.
- Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Summer Starfruit Card Stock, insert it into the Chevron Embossing Folder, and run through the Big Shot (Tab 1).
- Cut a 4″ square of Whisper White Card Stock.
- Cover the Betsy’s Blooms Wheel with Primrose Petals Ink and roll it acriss the top of the Whisper White Card Stock.
- Cover the Betsy’s Blooms Wheel with Gumball Green Ink and roll it across the middle of the Whisper White Card Stock.
- Cover the Betsy’s Blooms Wheel with Summer Starfruit Ink and roll it across the bottom of the Whisper White Card Stock.
- Lay the third largest Floral Frames Framelit onto the floral piece and run it through the Big Shot (Tab 2).
- Lay the second smallest Floral Frames Framelit onto a piece of Gumball Green Card Stock and run it through the Big Shot (Tab 2).
- Lay the smallest Floral Frames Framelit onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and run it through the Big Shot (Tab 2).
- Cut out the impression left on the Whisper White Card Stock.
- Stamp the sentiment, “Give Thanks”, from the Full of Blessings Stamp Set onto the Whisper White Floral Frame cutout.
- Make a bow with a small piece of the Gumball Green Ribbon.
- Assemble the card according to the above picture.
Stamping With Guneaux Designs