Welcome to Guneaux Designs! Today I am sharing with you a card that features a new stamp set from the 2012 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog, the Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set. I was so disappointed when Stampin’ Up! retired the Baroque Motifs Stamp Set; however, I am quite pleased with the Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set which is similar. The stamp set includes three “flourishes“, and the one on this card is the largest. I think it is so cute! I will also share with you a tool tip regarding “photo corners”.
This picture gives you another view of the Flowering Flourishes stamp image:
Stamp Sets: Flowering Flourishes (126367) and Bring on the Cake (121958 – sentiment)
Paper: Gumball Green Card Stock (126840),Primrose Petals Card Stock (126841), and Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
Ink (Stampin’ Write Markers): Gumball Green Marker, Primrose Petals Marker, Raspberry Ripple Marker, Midnight Muse Marker, and Summer Starfruit Marker (all in one package – 126856)
Accessories:Midnight Muse 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon (126847), Basic Pearls (119247), Curly Label Punch (119851) and 1-1/4”Square Punch
HOW TO MAKE THIS HANDMADE CARD:
- Cut a 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Gumball Green Card Stock and fold it in the middle to create a card base.
- Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Primrose Petals Card Stock and adhere it onto the front of the card base.
- Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock.
- Using the above listed Stampin’ Write Markers, cover the flowering flourish stamp with Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, and Summer Starfruit ink (see picture for guidance).
- Stamp the image onto the Whisper White Card Stock.
- Fill in with ink the places on the stamped image where needed.
- Use a permanent yellow marker and color three Basic Pearls.
- Adhere the pearls onto the three flowers as shown in picture.
- Underneath the stamped image, stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Bring on the Cake stamp set.
- Tie a piece of Midnight Muse 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon into a bow and adhere it to the top-left of the stamp image.
- Follow the information below to create the two corner pieces.
Remember when we had the Stampin’ Up! Photo Corner Punch to create corner decorations for our handmade cards? I loved that punch and I miss it. Well, I decided to look for another way to make attractive photo corner pieces. Therefore, I did, and this is how I did it.
1. Cut a piece of cardstock using the Curly Label Punch.
2. Place the corner of the long side of the curly label into the corner of the 1-1/4″ Square Punch, lining it up evenly and cutting it.
3. This is the result. Cut more and add them to the corners of your card.
Stamping With Guneaux Designs