Welcome to Guneaux Designs, and thanks for stopping by to see my latest craft project, the Guneaux Designs ODBD Bird of Paradise (ALOHA) card. For some time I have looked for a Bird of Paradise stamp and die set. I was so pleased to see that Our Daily Bread Designs had issued one it its July 2017 release! This is the card I made with the ODBD Bird of Paradise stamp and matching die.
I submitted this card for a Splitcoaststampers.com challenge. Lisa’s (Shoe Girl) hosted the Splitcoaststampers.com Thursday “Ways to Use It” (WTUI) challenge, “Let’s Warm It Up”. The heat that a lot of the US is experiencing was the impetus for Lisa’s WTUI challenge. Therefore, she wanted to see “hot” cards.
The beautiful Bird of Paradise flower came to mind for the challenge as it requires a good amount of sunlight (i.e., hot). Therefore, the new ODBD Bird of Paradise stamp and matching die were used for my card.
My card has no layers; it’s simply a card base that I die cut the front at an angle with a border die to create a fancy border. The following photos show the process of developing the card base.
- I cut an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of white card stock and folded it in the center in order to determine where to place my border die. Then I unfolded it and placed a Heartfelt Creations Delicate Border Basics Die across the front at an angle.
- I ran the card stock and die through my die-cutting machine to cut out the border. This photo shows the result.
- I folded the card base again after cutting the border, and this photo shows the results.
Then I began developing the card. I first stamped and colored the Birds of Paradise on the front. Subsequently, I masked the Birds of Paradise and sponged the front and inside of the card base with various inks to create a landscape scene. I added the sentiment to the inside of the card and it shows as the front of the card when the card is closed. My personal message to the recipient will be added behind the card front and to a portion of the inside.
Then I stamped, colored, and die cut two Birds of Paradise and attached them to the front with double-sided foam tape. The following photo provides a closeup of the Birds of Paradise.
The next two photos provide a better view of the card front and the shape of the border that I die cut.
May you find inspiration from my card. Thanks in advance for leaving comments!
Click on the links in the posts to see the main products used.
- Stamps: ODBD Bird of Paradise, Catherine Pooler Butterfly Notes (sentiment)
- Inks: SU Blues and Greens, Memento Cantaloupe, Memento Tuxedo Black, and Copics
- Paper: Neenah Solar White Card Stock
- Accessories: ODBD Bird of Paradise Die, Heartfelt Creation Delicate Border Basics Die, Double-Sided Foam Tape
Stamping With Guneaux Designs By Beverly Polen
Firm Reliance on Divine Providence!
“The Lord is my helper: I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”