I love the art of blending inks. However, I had not tried before the Color on Color Emboss Resist Technique. After trying it, I now know that I really, really like it and will be using it in future art. The card share I have for you today features this technique for a Happy Father’s Day card.
SUPPLIES USED FOR THE COLOR ON COLOR RESIST TECHNIQUE, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY CARD (I am listing the supplies I used; however, the supplies you use do not need to be the same, as it is the technique itself that is the subject of this tutorial).
Stamp Sets: Stampin’ Up! Fine Feathers (126517) and an old hostess stamp set, Something to Celebrate (for sentiment)
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock (131296), Bermuda Bay Card Stock (131197), and Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
Ink: You will need three light colors and one darker color – Pistachio Pudding Classic Ink (131177), More Mustard Classic Ink (retired), Coastal Cabana Classic Ink (131175), and Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink (131174)
Accessories: Embossing Buddy (103083), Ovals Collections Framelits (129381), Bitty Banners Framelits (129267), Sponge Daubers (102892), VersaMark (102283), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Linen Thread (104199), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COLOR ON COLOR EMBOSS RESIST TECHNIQUE:
1. Cut card stock accordingly:
8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ for card base
5-1/4″ x 4″ for 1st layer
5″ x 3-3/4″ of Whisper White Card Stock
2. Select a stamp that you want to be the main feature of the card. (I used the feather stamp; however, I think it would work best with a solid stamp with few designs within).
3. Select three colors of classic ink that are light shades.
4. Using a sponge dauber, swirl your first light color onto the Whisper White Card Stock.
5. Swirl your second light color onto the Whisper White Card Stock, and don’t worry about overlapping the colors.
6. Swirl your third light color onto the Whisper White Card Stock, and then look for places where you want to blend the colors and do that with the daubers. Don’t worry about the look too much as it will completely change when you add the darker color.
7. AFTER the ink dries, rub the embossing buddy over the complete piece of card stock.
8. Cover your selected stamp with VersaMark and stamp the image randomly on the card stock.
9. Cover with the clear embossing powder and heat set. Let it cool.
10. Swirl you dark color of ink all over the piece of card stock. You may need to do this a couple times or more.
11. Using a paper towel, rub the excess dark ink from the embossed images. Isn’t it cool how the clear embossing takes on the colors?
12. After reaching the desired colors on the colored piece of card stock, use the stamp image to create a center piece for the card.
13. Adhere the pieces together and add your desired embellishments.
14. Add your sentiment to the card.
Stamping With Guneaux Designs
COLOR ON COLOR EMBOSS RESIST TECHNIQUE – HAPPY FATHER’S DAY