Have you created a card using the Faux Patina Technique? Pull up a chair at your craft table, get out a few supplies (see below), and let’s make a card that uses the Faux Patina Technique and the Tweet Leaves Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! This is my first creation using the Faux Patina Technique, and I’m sure if I practice I’ll get better at it. But for now, let’s try a simple card featuring the technique. This is the card we’ll develop:
STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES:
Stamp Set: Tweet Leaves (128111)
Paper: Whisper White Card Stock (100730) and Pool Party Card Stock (122924)
Ink (Classic): Crumb Cake (126975), Marina Mist (126962), Always Artichoke (126972), and Early Expresso (126974)
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder (127749), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), (Stamping Sponges (101610), VersaMark Ink (102283), Gold Embossing Powder (109129), and Heat Tool (129053)
INSTRUCTIONS: Now let’s begin applying the Faux Patina Technique.
- Cut a 5″ x 3-5/8″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock.
- Center on the card stock the largest label from Labels Collection Framelits and run through the Big Shot on Tab 2.
- Lightly ink one side of the Chevron Embossing Folder with Crumb Cake ink, insert the card stock, and run it through the Big Shot on Tab 1.
- Sponge Marina Mist ink over the embossed portion of the card stock.
- Sponge Always Artichoke ink over the Marina Mist ink.Sponge Early Expresso ink over the Always Artichoke ink.
- Let the ink dry naturally or use a heat tool.
- Randomly apply the edge of the VersaMark ink pad over the patina piece. Do not completely cover the card stock with VersaMark.
- Cover the patina piece with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set.
So, what do you think thus far about the Faux Patina Technique? You can use other colors of ink of course if you desire. Now, let’s create the card.
- Cut an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Pool Party card stock.
- Fold the card stock in the center to form the card base.
- Cover the Tweet Leaves stamp with VersaMark ink.
- Stamp onto the card front, being careful to position the image on the card so the patina piece will be centered over the image.
- Apply Gold Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Attach the patina piece onto the card front centering it over the Tweet Leaves image.
You have just created a beautiful card using the Faux Patina Technique! It will be interesting to try other color combinations for the technique.