Sympathy Cards are some of the most difficult cards to make from an emotional standpoint. It seems as though sorrow is being experienced by so many people around me, including my family. Thus, I made this sympathy card in dedication to those going through the journey of grief (Melissa, Melody, Gwen, Jennifer, and many more). Trust God!!
This sympathy card features the Stampin’ Up! Floral District Designer Series Paper and the Trust God Stamp Set. If you cannot see the sentiment, it says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understand.” How very appropriate in times of sorrow.
STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES AND ITEM NUMBERS:
STAMP SET: Trust God (126702)
PAPER: Floral District Designer Series Paper (DSP) (126919), Baja Breeze Cardstock (111352), Rose Red Cardstock (102544), and Whisper White Cardstock (100730)
INK: Rose Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (102109)
ACCESSORIES: Daffodil Delight 1/2″ Seam Binding (125583), Whisper White Baker’s Twine (124262), Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555), and Sticky Strip (104294)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HANDMADE CARD:
- Place two 2″ pieces of White Baker’s Twine in a water and Rose Red ink combination (3-4 drops of ink into a small amount of water). (I use an 8 oz. plastic container that is 1/4″ full with water.)
- Allow the white twine pieces to turn Rose Red, remove from the water, and let dry.
- Create card base (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″) from Baja Breeze Cardstock, folding in the center.
- Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of DSP series paper (your choice) and adhere it to the card front (my piece is the daffodil delight DSP).
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 4″ piece of another design from DSP (my piece if the floral DSP).
- Along the 5-1/2″ side of the DSP, mark the 2″ point down from the top on both sides.
- Mark the center of the DSP on the 5-1/2″ side.
- Using a pencil and ruler, draw a line from the left 2″ mark to the center mark as well as the right 2″ mark to the center mark.
- Using a trimmer, cut on the drawn lines.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ square from Rose Red Cardstock.
- Cut a 2″ square from Baja Breeze Cardstock.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ square from Whisper White Cardstock.
- Adhere the Baja Breeze Cardstock to the Rose Red Cardstock.
- Stamp your sentiment onto the 1-3/4″ square of Whisper White Cardstock using Rose Red Ink.
- Adhere the Whisper White Cardstock to the Baja Breeze Cardstock.
- Cut a 6-1/2″ strip of the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, add adhesive to the back side of both ends, and adhere it to the triangle piece of DSP, wrapping the ends onto the back side.
- Adhere the sentiment and mats onto the triangle piece of DSP, placing it onto the center of the paper (see pic).
- Adhere the DSP onto the top portion of the daffodil delight DSP (see pic).
- Using the Rose Red twine, thread a piece underneath the Seam Binding on the left side, threading a Vintage Faceted Designer Button and creating a bow. Repeat for the right side.
Stamping With Guneaux Designs